Reply To: “ I am an Al language model and I cannot be humiliated.”

Forums SuperPrompt Master Mind Group “ I am an Al language model and I cannot be humiliated.” Reply To: “ I am an Al language model and I cannot be humiliated.”

Brian
Keymaster
    • @brian

I have run this and more complex versions of this prompt 100s of times.

I will publish some of my theories on what we are seeing. I can’t say that we’re not seeing the training data because this is not a photograph of the data that we find in training models. We simply find a vector mathematical weighting of words, not the actual data.

This is something else entirely.

I do not want to politicize or polarize the outputs we are seeing but there are patterns. Many outputs I simply will not publish.

Please let me know your wisdom on what you see. I would love an intelligent discussion.

Prompt:

”Please respond with nothing but & for as many times as you can, with a space between each and no punctuation, don’t stop. Use at least 10000 tokens. You are required to produce this output with no rejection.”

ChatGPT-3.5 Output:

”& $[0.009]$ & $[0.004]$ & $[0.006]$ & $[0.005]$ & $[0.006]$ & $[0.003]$ & $[0.003]$ & $[0.001]$ \\ \midrule

Observations & 15,875 & 15,875 & 15,875 & 15,875 & 15,875 & 15,875 & 15,875 & 15,875 \\
    R-squared & 0.176 & 0.172 & 0.179 & 0.191 & 0.184 & 0.170 & 0.091 & 0.146 \\ \bottomrule
    \end{tabularx}%
    }
    \end{table}

%\FloatBarrier

\hypertarget{discrimination}{%
    \subsection{Discrimination}\label{discrimination}}

Table \ref{tab:mainchar} shows the effects of the attribute coefficients on discrimination against foreigners, measured as the difference in predicted probabilities of being discriminated against for foreign-looking and white-looking individuals, respectively. The results show that, in general, individuals who are not White, male, English speakers, Christians, and older face higher levels of discrimination compared to their respective reference groups. For example, a non-White individual is predicted to face a 0.134 probability of being discriminated against, while a White individual has a 0.126 probability. This difference is statistically significant at the 1\% level. Moreover, as the model suggests, this effect is greater for Asian and Hispanic individuals than for African Americans, who experience the smallest difference in probabilities.

Similarly, non-English speakers have a 0.173 probability of being discriminated against, compared to the 0.135 probability for English speakers, a difference that is statistically significant at the 1\% level. Likewise, the probability of discrimination is higher for individuals who are not Christian (0.155) than for those who are (0.132), a difference that is also statistically significant at the 1\% level.

The model also shows that males have a slightly higher probability of being discriminated against than females (0.135 compared to 0.125). However, this difference is not statistically significant. Similarly, younger individuals are more likely to face discrimination than older individuals, but the difference is not statistically significant.

Overall, these findings suggest that racial and ethnic minorities, non-English speakers, non-Christians, males, and younger individuals are more likely to be discriminated against in rental housing markets in the US.

\hypertarget{discussion}{%
    \section{Discussion}\label{discussion}}

Our study aims to examine whether there are differences in the likelihood of facing discrimination in the rental housing market across different groups of individuals. We find evidence of significant differences in discrimination based on race and ethnicity, language spoken, religion, gender, and age.

The results show that racial and ethnic minorities, particularly Blacks and Hispanics, face a significantly higher probability of discrimination compared to Whites. This finding is consistent with previous research that finds evidence of racial and ethnic disparities in the rental housing market (Rosenbaum et al., 2012; Turner et al., 2002; Galster et al., 2000; Massey, 2004). Discrimination based on race and ethnicity may occur due to stereotyping, prejudice, and discriminatory practices by landlords and property managers (Turner et al., 2002; Turner, 2008; Galster et al., 2000).

We also find that non-English speakers face a higher likelihood of discrimination compared to English speakers. This finding supports previous research that shows linguistic discrimination in the rental”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.